The following tasks should be completed by the AP Analyst after the search plan has been approved by OFEW and published on AP Recruit. This is a general overview of activities. For detailed information on academic recruitment policies, refer to the Senate Search Guide.
Applicant Outreach Period
- Advertisements: Place the approved advertisement in all locations specified in the Search Plan, using Job Elephant or directly through locations. These include listservs, discipline-specific email groups, etc.
- Emails and other contacts: Support the search committee in sending emails about the position to other universities, or other specified individuals.
- Applicant and referee correspondence: Respond to questions received from applicants and referees about the position (and refer to the Search Committee Chair as needed). Provide assistance to applicants and referees who cannot use AP Recruit for their materials.
- Assess individuals for the basic qualifications: Mark each incoming application as ‘meets’ or ‘does not meet’ the basic qualifications as specified in the advertisement and AP Recruit. Assign disposition reasons for each individual who does not meet the basic qualifications.
- Support the search committee: Provide information and support as needed to the search committee. This could include instruction on how to review applicants, how to use specializations, ‘mark as read,’ comments, flags, filters, and other features.
Applicant Evaluation Period
- Assessing initial applicants: Finish assessing the basic qualifications, and assigning disposition reasons for individuals who did not meet the basic qualifications.
- Actual search and recruitment efforts: Prior to submitting the applicant pool report, identify any ways in which the stated search and recruitment efforts actually undertaken were different than what was specified in the Plan. Provide explanation for differences. Do not enter information that was already planned. Upload evidence of all outreach efforts – advertisements, listservs, emails, log of calls made, list of contacts, etc.
- Applicant pool report: Create Applicant Pool Report. Note that only individuals marked as meeting the basic qualifications are official applicants. Submit the Report for review by the Search Committee Chair, the department Equity Advisor, and OFEW. If necessary, prepare to extend the deadline date for the position and support the committee in conducting additional outreach.
- Review of applicants: Support the search committee in their review of applicants and use of AP Recruit. Keep all applicant statuses up-to-date. Use ‘Serious Consideration’ for the long short list and those who will have or had informal, conference, or Skype interviews. Arrange for conference or Skype interviews as needed by the Search Committee. Assign disposition reasons for all who did not progress to Serious Consideration. Send rejection emails to those not under Serious Consideration. Mark short-listed candidates as ‘Recommend for Interview.’
- Short list report: Create short list report. Submit short list report for review by the Equity Advisor and OFEW.
- Finalists and campus visits: When short list is approved, support the committee in inviting the finalists for campus visits. Schedule and oversee all activities related to the campus visits, and offer support as needed to candidates. Change statuses of candidates who came to campus to ‘Interviewed.’ Assign disposition reasons to all remaining applicants not on the short list.
- Final candidate selection: Assist the Search Committee as needed with committee and department meetings following the campus visits, and voting procedures. When a final candidate is selected, change the status to ‘Proposed Candidate’ and enter the Proposed Offer Information. Send rejection emails to all remaining candidates.