The purpose of a short ad is to provide brief information about a position when cost is prohibitive to place the entire advertisement in a particular venue. The short ad must be reviewed and approved by OFEW at the same time as the standard advertisement. In AP Recruit, if using a short ad, include the phrase “short ad” in the title. It is essential that the short advertisement include a link to the approved standard advertisement; short advertisements cannot stand alone.
The following information must be included:
- Relevant department, school, college or unit and must be clear position is at UC Berkeley
- Approved search area
- Title, rank, step
- Expected start date and duration if applicable
- Statement: For more information about the position, including required qualifications and application materials go to (link to long advertisement on AP Recruit)
- Deadline date to apply
- Contact information for questions (email address)
- The University of California, Berkeley is an AA/EEO employer.
Example: The Department of History at the University of California, Berkeley is recruiting for an Assistant Professor in the area of U.S. History, with an expected start date of July 1, 2019. For more information about the position, including required qualifications and application materials, go to http://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/apply/JPFXXXXX. The deadline to apply is October 31, 2018. For questions, please contact Jane Example at firstname.lastname@example.org. UC Berkeley is an AA/EEO employer