The Office for Faculty Equity & Welfare (OFEW) is committed to the full participation in academic careers for all scholars, including individuals who are members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education such as women, ethnic minorities, religious minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender, and others. The office accomplishes this through:
- Promoting inclusive hiring practices
- Supporting faculty relocation
- Developing or proposing academic personnel policies
- Conducting cutting-edge research on faculty equity and welfare
- Monitoring faculty advancement
- Advising faculty about tenure and advancement
- Promoting faculty retention by building a vibrant and diverse academic community
- Supporting programs and services that contribute to the well-being and creativity of retired faculty and academic staff.
The office also provides information and advice on a variety of issues important to faculty welfare through advocacy and workshops. As part of the Office of the Vice Provost for the Faculty, OFEW works closely with the Vice Provost for the Faculty, the Academic Personnel Office, and the Budget Committee.